Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Showcase!

This is a new portion of the blog where I tell everyone about another awesome crochet blog or website. I've come across many while searching for patterns for things. I'll have more than enough to fill this area for awhile.

This week's entry belongs entirely to Ravelry. You have to sign up for it but it's free. It would be worth it to pay to join. This site is a collection of knit and crochet patterns. Some you have to pay for but most of them are free. I've got 3 patterns posted on there so far.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! They have so many search options. Let's say all that you've got with you is 500 yards of worsted weight yarn. You can search by yarn yardage, weight, hook size, etc. This option is invaluable to those trying to use up a yarn stash. That's not where the search options end. You can narrow your search enough that you can find all the free baby sweater patterns using sport weight yarn and an E hook.

As far as my favorite thing regarding just the patterns goes, I LOVE the variety of stuff on this site. There's even a naughty section, for those of you with a Mom like mine who has a decidedly perverse sense of humor and would appreciate a crocheted amigurumi dildo. I'm not even kidding.

So to all of you following, and all those learning to crochet along with me, join. It's only a few moments of your time. When you do join, search for FistfulOfRobots. That's me and I will gladly be your Ravelry.com friend. :D


I'd also like to showcase my Mom, for being awesome and giving me a perverse (read: Awesome!) sense of humor. She taught me to crochet and I love her the mostest.

No comments:

Post a Comment