Friday, May 7, 2010

Super Super Fanatic Fridays

Super Super Cute Crochet by Brigitte Read is an amazing book. She does amazing work with yarn and makes some of the most realistic looking animals I've ever seen. I can't rave enough about her. What I will do, is tell you how this is a run of the mill (pattern-wise) book full of the least run-of-the-mill animals I've ever seen made into amigurumi. Here's what she's got in there:

  • Pomeranian
  • Bunny
  • Kitten
  • Pig
  • Siberian Hamster
  • Puppy
  • Cat
  • Cow (It's square! And ridiculously cute!)
  • Polar Bear
  • Penguin (oh my the cuteness of this penguin. my god...)
  • Turtles
  • Crocodile
  • Frogs and Toads
  • Walrus
  • Manta Ray
  • Squid (this one I'm in the middle of and will post pictures of when it's finished)
  • Whale
  • Shrimp
  • Duck-billed platypus (!!!)
  • Snail
  • Flamingo
  • Tortoise
  • Hippo
  • Guinea Pig
  • Anteater
  • Butterfly
  • Bluebird
  • Toucan
  • Owls
  • Panda
  • Koala
  • Silkworm
  • Arctic Fox
  • Star-nosed mole
  • Dragon
They all look so complex but the patterns are pretty easy to follow as long as you know your crochet basics (and after last Fanatic Friday, you should. BUY THAT BOOK!)

There is a TARDIS in the works, folks, and I'm working on writing out the Old Gregg pattern. Get ready for some more patterns, as well as the very first Sunday Showcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment